Position: Sharp Regional Sales Manager, Machine Tool Sales
Company: Sharp Industries Inc. is a leading manufacturer of Precision Machine Tools. We’ve been in business for over 45 years and have sold over 150,000 machine tools globally. Our customers, which include major manufacturers within aerospace, automotive, medical, energy and general engineering, rely on us to provide the highest level of knowledge, service and support to help them achieve their goals for productivity and profitability.
*This role requires approx. 30 to 40% of Overnight Travel, which will vary depending on the business needs/ situation.*
The Regional Sales Manager will play a key role in expanding our lines of business working closely with distributors, distributor sales representatives, and end user customers.
- Prepare proposals and quotations based on upon customer requirements utilizing input from Sharp personnel, and authorizes Sharp distributor sales representatives.
- Secures orders from existing and potential customers by means of visiting the customer facility or contacting by phone.
- Make pre planned sales calls on current and potential end user with and without distributors sales personnel.
- Recommend products and services that fit well with clients’ business needs.
- Develop and deliver training to educate distributor partners and customers on the features and benefit of using Sharp Precision Machine Tools.
- Three years’ experience in the Metal Working Industry
- Outside Sales Experience Preferred
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivated, self-starter, personable, extroverted personality, well organized
- Structured and organized business orientated approach to support a diverse end users
- Ability to manage customer requests and business issues effectively, capable of leveraging all resources
- Ability to listen to distributors and end users to understand underlying needs and ensure suitable technical solutions
- Basic Computer Proficiency including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point