Sharp Industries Inc. Limited Warranty
Sharp Industries warrants to the original purchaser, other than a purchaser for resale, (the “Purchaser”) that Sharp Industries machine tools shall be free of defects in materials and workmanship. For a period of one (1) year from completion of installation, Sharp Industries will, at its sole and exclusive discretion, either replace or repair any machine or part thereof defective in workmanship or material, at no charge to the Purchaser.
All warranty repairs must either be performed by or authorized by a Sharp Industries Authorized Service Organization. To obtain warranty service, Purchaser must contact their local Sharp Industries Authorized Service Organization. Purchaser must provide verification of the date of delivery/installation when requesting warranty service (dated installation report). Ground freight charges (UPS regular or common carrier truck) for all warranty replacement parts are paid by Sharp Industries. If machine is not operational, Sharp Industries will pay next-day air shipment charges for necessary parts weighing 100 lbs. or less. Materials or parts alleged to be defective shall be returned to Sharp Industries, at Sharp Industries’ request, transportation charges prepaid. After the warranty repair or replacement of a defective part, Sharp Industries’ warranty for such part shall continue for ninety (90) days or for the remainder of the original Limited Warranty, whichever is longer.
This warranty shall remain in effect only if the machine is used and maintained in accordance with all operating and maintenance instructions set forth in the manuals and instruction sheets furnished by Sharp Industries. Sharp Industries shall have no liability to repair or replace defective parts until the Purchaser has fulfilled its payment obligations. No allowance will be made for repairs or alterations made without Sharp Industries’ prior written consent or approval. The limited warranty provided by Sharp Industries excludes the following:
1. Damage, malfunction, or failure caused by or resulting from improper maintenance, misuse, neglect, accident or any other cause beyond the control of the Sharp Industries.
2. Damage, malfunction, or failure caused by modification of the machine (mechanical or electrical) without written authorization by Sharp Industries.
3. Damage, malfunction or failure caused by installation or use of accessories or peripherals not purchased through or authorized in writing by Sharp Industries.
4. Paint, batteries, filters, fluids, fuses, light bulbs, or any commonly expendable item.
5. Damage to machines and/or components while being transported from Sharp Industries’ warehouse or facility to destination.
6. Accessories or peripherals not manufactured by Sharp Industries, which shall be subject only to whatever warranty that is supplied by the manufacturer of such product.
No person, agent, distributor, dealer or company is authorized to change, modify or amend the terms of this Limited Warranty in any manner. Sharp Industries makes no warranties, guarantees or representations, express or implied with respect to the machine tool, or parts thereof, except to the extent such warranty is set forth herein. The equipment covered does not necessarily comply with any codes or standards unless specifically quoted, ordered, and so accepted.
THIS WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE. SHARP INDUSTRIES’ LIABILITY UNDER THIS WARRANTY IS EXPRESSLY LIMITED TO ITS PROMISE TO REPAIR OR REPLACE THE DEFECTIVE GOODS. SHARP INDUSTRIES SHALL HAVE NO FURTHER LIABILITY IN CONTRACT OR NEGLIGENCE OR UNDER ANY OTHER THEORY OF LAW OR EQUITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL, OR ANY DELAY RESULTING FROM THE DEFECT.