This Box Way Gear Head Vertical Machining Center is an extremely rigid “C” frame design using hardened and ground Box ways. All vertical machining centers structural components are made of Meehanite castings with Internal ribs running throughout each section. The spindle is driven directly by the two speed gearbox, no drive belts are used.
Box Way Gearhead Vertical Machining Center Model SVG-8743A-F
- Meehanite cast iron is used on all structural components.
- The column uses a "Y" shaped base for extra rigidity to resist heavy machining forces.
- Counter Balance on "Z" Axis - the massive spindle head uses a counter balance with guide rails.
- A wide saddle fully supports the worktable throughout the travel
- The base is a rigid one piece casting. Heavy internal ribs are used throughout the machine structure.
- The base casting is wider and deeper than most others. This gives more stability during rapid movements and heavy cutting.
- All guideways are induction hardened then precision ground.
- Turcit B bonded to all sliding surfaces. Oil grooves are machined and then it's hand scraped to produce an excellent bearing surface.
- Each axis is driven by a high precision double-nut ball screw that is centered between the guide ways. The ball screws are pretensioned and anchored at both ends with angular contact thrust bearings.
- Both sides of the machine enclosure have large removable doors. The door openings are large enough to allow full "Y" axis travel with long workpieces extending through the sides.
- Full metal enclosure
- Auto-lubrication system with alarm
- Rigid tapping
- Coolant gun, air gun
- Spindle oil cooler
- M code air blast
- Heat exchanger for electric cabinet
- 148 gallon roll out coolant tank
- Auger at 2 sides of machine base
- Chip flushing system
- Coolant Through Spindle prepped
- 4th axis prepped
Please contact our parts department at 310-370-5990.
There are no brochures for this product at this time.
*Prices may vary based on location