- The X & Z-axes are equipped with ballscrews, which ensures that the table moves smoothly.
- Headstock, table, and saddle are equipped with hydraulic clamp and servo motors to ensure precise movement.
- Spindle headstock balance is accurately taken and a counter weight permits the head to travel smoothly and to retain its accuracy.
- All castings are made of high quality cast iron and are stress relieved.
- Fixed quill design
Table Range: from 15” x 67” to 29.5” x 106.3”
Travel Range: from 15” x 39” x 19.7” to 31.5” x 78.7” x 27.5”
Spindle Range: from 10HP vertical #50 to 20HP vertical #50
FEATURES - MANUAL BED MILLS
- Massive box ways construction
- X, Y, Z axis equipped with pneumatic clamp device
- Full geared drive spindle
- Eye level control
- 4 way rapid feed control
- Available in 4 additional smaller sizes and with a horizontal head
FEATURES - CNC BED MILLS
- FANUC Oi-MF control and drives
- 3 axis high precision ball screws with MPG
- Hardened and ground slideways with TURCITE coating
- Geared Head construction
- #50 taper spindle with power draw bar, E-M brake
The Sharp SVG series was engineered from the ground up for hard metal machining. This is a extremely rigid “C” frame design using hardened and ground box ways. All structural components are made of Meehanite casting with internal ribs running throughout each section. Precision hand scraping of each section provides near perfect alignment assuring long term accuracies.
The new Fanuc 0i MF control with 10.4” color LCD is used along with all Fanuc motors and drives. For operator convenience, a remote jog handle is standard.
- Machine Travel: from 43.3” x 28.3“ x 26.8” to 98.4” x 43,3” x 35.4”
- Box Ways: 4 & 6
- Spindle Speed: 30-6000 RPM
- Spindle Motors: 35 HP
- Machine Weight: from 23,000 lbs to 63,000 lbs
- Massive box ways construction
- Precision scraped slideways
- Full geared drive spindle
- Optional coolant through spindle
SPINDLE is equipped with 35 hp, 6,000 rpm CAT 50 taper. It is supported by P4 class precision angular contact bearings, featuring superior radial and axial thrust capacity.
GEAR HEAD: The spindle is transmitted by gear head providing greater torque output for heavy duty machining. The gearhead consists of high quality gears which provide minimum noise, high accuracy, maximum wear resistance and long service life.
ULTIMATE STABILITY: All structural parts have box-type construction combined with rib reinforcement to guarantee quality performance. HIgh precision ball screws on three axes are pre-load to eliminate thermal displacement while ensuring continuous high accuracy. Ball screw accuracy calibrated within ± 0.01 mm in full length.
Another satisfied customer’s testimonial “No issues for 6,400 hours of operations since day one. Spindle speed set at 12k, operating 24/7 making our molds. Supervisor stated that SHARP Model SVL-4525 cuts better than the more expensive (Japanese) competitor’s small double column VMC that sits next to it. No backlash problems!
Boss told me to buy SHARP in the future. We ordered 3 more . “
PRIME WHEEL is one of the country’s largest wheel manufacturers.
Sharp Model SVL-4525 features :
- High precision, heavy duty VMC for mold work
- 45” x 25” x 20.1” travel
- 4 Guideways; 2 Linear Roller Guideways plus 2 support ways
- Massive fully ribbed column and base castings
- Net Wt. 18,260 lbs
- 15,000 rpm, CAT40, Direct Drive spindle
- Fanuc Oi-MD control
- 1,417 ipm (36M/mm) rapid traverse
- Swing Over Bed 14”
- Swing Over Gap 20”
- Swing Over Cross Slide 8-5/8”
- Distance Between Center 40”
- Max. Turning Length 35.14”
- Spindle Nose Type D1-4 Camlock
- Spindle Bore 1-1/2”
- Bar Capacity 1-1/2”
- Taper of Spindle Bore MT#5
- Flat bed CNC lathe with FAGOR 8055iA control and drive system
- User friendly conversational programming language
- Different modes of operations available
- Operate as manual lathe with electronic handwheels,
- Operate as a full CNC lathe with programmable speed, using conversational language or G code language,
- Operate semi automatically, combining manual and CNC operations
- CNC CONTROL 8055i/A by FAGOR
- Manual – the lathe is operated like a conversational lathe, using the 2 electronic hand wheels in the front to move the axes. In addition if offers convenient features such as digital readout and constant surface speed.
- Semiautomatic – it allows 2 axes to be controlled with the cranking of 1 hand wheel; the machinist can cut arcs, tapers and chamfers.
- Automatic – with ability to execute any program, plus background editing capability. Powerful tool inspection mode included as well as full program control from keyboard programs to choose from, the 8085i/A will control everything from start to finish.
- Single step – the machinist can go through all or part of the process by executing the program step by step.
- Conversational – icon key with conversational graphic screens for easy operator data input. No prior programming experience needed
- G-code – this programming enables utilization of some sophisticated features such as parametric or variable programming. Auto –prompt via the help key prompts operator though graphic & text help screens.
- Teach-in mode – the first part can be made manually while the control records the corresponding program, and then additional parts can be made in automatic mode.
- Canned Cycles – by selecting the associated ICON key or G-code, the CNC will prompt you through all canned cycles including Turning, Facing, Grooving and Threading, All equipped with a Thread Repair Canned Cycle.
- On-board profile editor for easy blue print programming. Simply enter the data right off the blueprint, the CNC automatically creates the program including complex profiles..
- Solid graphic as standard with tool shape representation standard and available for use in both
- Execution and Simulation mode, Also with line graphic capability.
Sharp Industries, Inc. of Torrance, California is introducing a series of Heavy Duty CNC Bed Mills with 2 spindles, that can do vertical and horizontal machining on the same machine. Besides the regular vertical spindle, the machine head also has a horizontal spindle at the front that allows all the milling and drilling jobs to be done on one set up . With such design, the operator no longer has to move the work piece from one machine to another, to clamp and re-clamp, or to realign the work piece. With one set up, the accuracy of the work piece can be maintained.
Equipped with the optional rotary table, the machine can do 5 sides machining in one set up, that greatly increase the efficiency and reduce spindle idling time.
The series comes in 4 different sizes, with X and Y axes travel range from 51" x 33" to 78" x 47",the Z travel ranges from 21" to 39". FANUC Oi-MF control is used for the control. The head is equipped with hi low gear, and the #50 taper spindle has motors range from 15 HP to 25 HP. Machine wt up to 33,000 lbs.
The Sharp SVX- 500 vertical machining center is engineered to have unrivaled quality and outperform all other machines in its category. Sharp's SVX-500 allows true 5-sided and 5-axis simultaneous machining.
SHARP INDUSTRIES, INC. of Torrance, California, a machine tool manufacturer, is introducing a new line of Compact Linear Guideway Vertical Machining Centers with high spindle speed (up to 20,000 rpm, direct drive), fast rapid traverse, and small foot print.
The compact size model SVL2416 has X, Y, Z travel of 24” x 16” x 18”, different spindle speeds (10,000, 12,000, 15,000 and 20,000 rpm) for various applications. The CAT-40 spindle has the motor delivers up to 10 HP of power at 30 min rating. The machine can be equipped with Fanuc 0i-MD control or the Siemens Sinumerik 828 control that has the “Shop Mill” conversational style programming. USB ports, Embedded Ethernet are located at the control panel for easy transfer of machining data. Electric cabinet heat exchanger, Rigid tapping, Electronic Handwheel (MPG) are included in the standard features. The productivity package also includes a hand held coolant gun for washing the work piece and the inside of the machine enclosure, an air blower nozzle for cutting dry, and an air gun to clear chips on work piece. It also includes the ATC air reserve tank with alarm to stabilize the incoming air pressure and volume, plus the spindle oil chiller that provides refrigerated oil circulating around the spindle to draw heat from it to control the thermal expansion due to high speed spindle. Optional accessories to improve productivity includes: Rotary table, Coolant Through Spindle, Glass scales, Tool Probe, and Tool Setter.
The machine construction consists of Meehanite casting components, a fully enclosed metal enclosure with over sized, removable side doors, high precision linear roller ball system, and double anchored, pre-tensioned double nut ball screws.
For more information call us at 310-370-5990 or e-mail